Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Mental Health Day

Yesterday, I woke up with a sore throat and just had no energy. So I took a mental health day (I almost never do this) so I could wrap up some of my personal projects and try to regain some equilibrium.

I spent a good part of the morning on the phone following up on various orders I'd placed for supplies. I should receive the cushion, wood, and ink this week.

Went to the copy center and had 15 catalogs copied & bound. Not happy with the weight of the paper or with the color of the back coverstock. I wanted kind of a deep coral/pink, but ended up with more of a red. So I think for the next batch, I will supply the coverstock and will request heavier paper. Still, it's progress.

Stopped by Cat's Craft Cupboard to chat about 1st assignments for the design team. Started to fill up a box of things that will be included in the starter kits. She found the birdhouses, so that's a project we'll definitely be doing soon!

I made lots of samples over the last few days and have been posting them online at Twopeasinabucket and Self-Addressed. Response seems to be good so far. Really enjoying my April Self-Addressed kit. It's just the right thing for pulling the samples together quickly. I'm so glad I've been stockpiling all that yummy paper!

Sent enlarged versions of the some of the new images to my mom. She's going to try to make pillows or stuffed animals out of them. Can't wait to see how that turns out!

Had some problems updating my web site on Monday night, so if you were there and saw broken images in the gallery, just hit your "refresh" button and all should be resolved now. There are some adorable new samples from Cathy there now.










2 Comments:

Blogger island jen said...

oh i love mental days! i think we should automatically get one every month!! :-)

i also checked out your site..i am so on a stamp kick right now..and your stamps are yummy!!

do you have to be local to try out for your DT?

11:57 AM  
Blogger justjohanna said...

posting the answer here in case anyone else is wondering, but will email response too. no, you don't have to be local. i am hoping to find at least 2 local but the rest can be anywhere. i'm currently looking for a european & australian distributor, so really wide open. just want a reliable & creative team.

2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home