Monday, June 05, 2006

Cake!

I ordered our cake from Vons (local grocery store chain) over the phone on Thursday. The first person I spoke with didn't really speak much English and as I tried to explain over and over what "beige" was, he finally had to go get someone else. The someone else didn't really speak English all that well either, and seemed very puzzled that I wanted a bird on my cake, had no idea what "lower case" was, and asked several times how to spell "swirly." I asked for a beige icing, birds and flowers in the corners, swirls around the edges, and "justjohanna" (all one word, all lower case). And I got something pretty close. I was particularly entertained that only one of the J's got a hat.













When we cut the cake, Scott had the brilliant idea that Cat and I should put our hands together and cut it together, like at a wedding. Cat said she wanted to be the bride if we were going to smash cake in each other's faces... we managed to resist the urge to do that. The cake was delicious! Just plain vanilla cake with buttercream icing and filling.

2 Comments:

Blogger etre-soi said...

thank you for your comment looks like it's going to be hard :) to choose

11:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SUCH a cute picture of you two! The fun you two must have together!

12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home