Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Traveling Back East

Yeah, I'm blogging a little out of order. I'm behind, and working backwards in my mind through recent events.

I took Thursday off from work. Sort of. I ended up working quite a bit. I even hired a summer intern. This will be the first time in a few years that I'll have someone reporting to me. Though I realized recently that if the big project we've been waiting on approval for actually gets approved according to my plan, I may have 3 people reporting to me. Quite a change from the 25 that I had in my last job. I'm not sure I'd take on 25 direct reports again - that was a little crazy.

So, in between my day-job work, I managed to pack for our trip, and to handle some jj details. I finished filling the last of the special orders from the launch party, as well as our first wholesale order. When I dropped those off with Cat, she handed over a couple new special orders. I won't be able to fill those till I get back in town.

I'm still waiting for the extra wood that I ordered. Until I get it, the tree, the whimsical frame, Priscilla, and all of the birds (except Louise) are back ordered. The wood should be there waiting for me when I get home on Saturday.

We took a red-eye flight on Thursday night, arriving in Philadelphia at 5:30 am on Friday. That didn't seem too bad when we booked it, but when we arrived, it finally clicked for me that 5:30 am EST is 2:30 am PST. Ouch.

My dad picked us up at the airport, took us home to pick up my mom, then we all went to breakfast at The Classic Diner. One of my favorite places to eat there - we used to go for lunch all the time when I worked in the area.

Then mom went to work, and the rest of us napped for a couple of hours. We had lunch at Bravo Pizza - heaven. Thick greasy cheese, hoagies, all kinds of Italian yummy things. I was tempted by so many things, but I just had to have a Philly chicken cheesesteak. Yum!! And so hard to find elsewhere in the country.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home