Tuesday, September 19, 2006

First Day of School

Yesterday, Jake (who recently turned 2) went to his very first day of daycare at an actual daycare facility. As Scott worked on and off over the past year, Jake has been with various babysitters who are family friends. A largely unstructured day of playtime and a little socialization with 1 or 2 other kids. But Scott is starting a new contract (through the end of the year) and we decided that Jake is finally ready for a regular structured daycare environment.

Jake & Scott did a test visit for a couple of hours last week and Jake loved it. He made a little art project and that's about all he could talk about when I got home: "I make this. I glue glue with paintbrush. I paint glue. I that one. I this one. I paint glue, yeah, glue, paint. Jakob's paper. Jakob's glue." Very proud of it.

Scott's report on the visit was that as soon as Jake started having fun with all the new stuff there to discover, he said, "bye-bye, Daddy."

Yesterday, when Scott dropped Jake off and then got ready to leave, it was a different scene: "I all done, Daddy! I Daddy's truck! I all done. I bye-bye. All done!" Of course, accompanied by large crocodile tears. But last night, Jake seemed okay and this morning when he woke up, he said he wanted to put his tractor shoes on and go to school.

2 Comments:

Blogger Godelieve said...

Jake can conquer the world with his tractor shoes on :)

2:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go Jake Go!

3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home