Saturday, April 01, 2006

Saturday Stroll

We went downtown late this morning to meet Scott's parents and to visit our favorite places along Grand Ave.

We walked a little. Then I went over to Cat's Craft Cupboard. I hadn't been there in nearly a week and was starting to exhibit withdrawal symptoms. I got this cute sentiment from The Cat's Pajamas:




I also got the April/May 2006 issue of The Stamper's Sampler, which reminded me that I kind of fell off the submission bandwagon and need to get back on.












The new Great Impressions board arrived yesterday and nearly sold out same day. There were only a few left. It's really new - not even on the manufacturer's web site as the current month yet. The images are very different from the usual style. I got three of them, but will have to wait for the re-order to get the others that I want. I got the collage image used in this card, as well as the (not pictured) Happy Mother's Day sentiment stamped on the inside:












and the floral/architectural image used in the background on this card:












I missed voting this month for Cat's Challenges. It's been completely fascinating what cards have won the last two months. This month, Stephanie won. And she stopped in while I was there, and was so thrilled. Her card should be posted in the Winner's Circle shortly. Next month's challenge is Stamper's Anonymous. Recently I picked up a few of the new Tim Holtz Stamper's Anonymous images, so that's probably what I'll use. I need to get my entries done. Here are the ones I have:












Cat and I chatted about my secret, and she told me she put a hint on her news page. We have some more planning to do.

I met back up with the family at Blue Mug and we had coffee and snickerdoodle cookies while Jake ran amok. His favorite thing to do there is run laps around the place and then try to run out the door. My father-in-law stood guard at the door while the rest of us enjoyed our coffee. There was one other customer in there - a woman who was trying to read. Jake stopped by her table on each lap and laughed maniacally. She was very tolerant.

The in-laws headed home, and we stopped in The Scrapping Cottage. They've just started being open on Saturdays again, so this was the first time I'd been able to go there. The owner is very nice. And the prices are great! Every corner of the place was covered with dies and scrapping things, but perusal time was very limited - it was well into Jake's nap time and Scott was short on patience for squirmy, whiny little kids and wives that want to ponder and soak in a new place. So I bought a couple of things that I knew were on my wish list. I'll definitely be going back. May 5th, there will be a Quickutz event. I want to try to go to that. Here's what I got today:







While there, Scott noticed the Studio font, so later we went looking for it on the internet. Nearly impossible to find in a general Google search, but sure enough, on 2peas there was a thread of Quickutz dies and corresponding fonts. Useful! Here's the link.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home