Sunday, April 02, 2006

Spring is Springing!

Spring has returned. The Earth is like a child that knows poems. - Rainer Maria Rilke

Not just at Illustration Friday, but all over our little town. Today, we got 3 ours of "us" time. We usually use this time to investigate the latest selection of magazines at Barnes & Noble and to get something to eat without having to take turns eating. We left Jake with Scott's parents.

Went to Michaels to use my 40% coupon. I don't think I've used one in about a month, but this week I finally remembered that there was something I wanted - markers for stamping. I already have the Victorian set. This time I got the pastel set. I still need to get tropical and primary - another week, another coupon, right?

Then to Barnes & Noble. Got quite a stash of new magazines (& one book): Legacy (this issue with artwork by CĂ©line Navarro on the cover), Quilting Arts (sister publication to Cloth, Paper, Scissors), Alphabetica (new book by Lynne Perrella), PaperCrafts, Martha Stewart Living (saw an entry on Pam Garrison's blog and remembered that it's a fun source of inspiration), and Art Doll Quarterly (a spread with a wonderful doll by Misty Mawn I had to have). We also got some other design/fashion magazines that I don't know much about yet: Surface, Swiddle, Print, Another Magazine, artnews, and W.

When we picked up Jake, they had just gotten back from a walk. Jake gave me this cute little flower. Then turned to his grandmother and demanded, "more!" Cutie.








Made me want to go exploring in our yard, so that's what I did when I got home and look at all the signs of Spring I found!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home