Friday, May 05, 2006

Illustration Friday: Fat

ETA: This little critter is not a stamp yet, but I've had quite a few requests, so look for her in the Fall.

Another drawing for the weekly Illustration Friday challenge.

My son Jakob is learning his colors, and he is mostly obsessed with the color blue. He was sitting on my lap while I was coloring in the red one and kept incessantly insisting "blue, blue, blue!" So I had to make a blue one too. Then it was time for night night, and sat in the rocking chair, naming all of the blue things we could think of until he finally fell asleep in my arms still whispering the word "blue."

10 Comments:

Blogger Tamsin said...

I really like your work, it's great!

8:56 PM  
Blogger Issi said...

Hello :o)) Its a very nice illustrations, I like your draw, keep in touch, Issi

3:59 AM  
Blogger Susan Schwake said...

love it!!! i like her top knot of feathers a lot...

4:47 AM  
Blogger Tony LaRocca said...

I don't know why, but the blue one looks chubbier. Maybe because the background is blue as well. cute drawings

12:59 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh pppuuuulllleeeezzzz tell me she is going to become a stamp!

7:30 AM  
Blogger Zórdís said...

The blue is always calming and lovable. Blue is a boy colour (strange as it sounds) Your son is very lucky with Johanna as a mom!

Like the fetherish top of the birds. Lovely birds! One of my favorites thing to draw. Birds of all kind!

3:31 PM  
Blogger Kim de Young said...

these are adorable, are they rubber stamps too?

11:07 AM  
Blogger justjohanna said...

princess pepper cloud - this little critter is not a stamp yet. look for her (or something very close) this fall.

2:51 AM  
Blogger Anette Heiberg said...

These are so cute!

Anette V. Heiberg
www.wynlen.no

11:18 AM  
Blogger Victoria Koldewyn said...

oh sweet! I love the curly-cue thing you have going on. I am partial to those. And chubby fluffy things as well. I love it..your son, whispering blue as he fell asleep. Thanks for stopping by to say hi the other week for illofriday.

5:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home