Thursday, May 04, 2006

Stay-at-Home Salary

ETA: I think this post has created a little confusion. Some background: Scott is a stay-at-home dad. So, yeah, he's thinkin' about how much money he should be spending on truck modifications, not so much about how much money my domestic duties are worth. But, I have to tell ya, if I were stayin' home, I wouldn't be "earning" what your typical stay-at-home parents earns. Because I stink at domestic chores. What laundry? Dinner? You want to eat today? Can't we take the trash out next week? Definitely not a domestic goddess. So, if I had this kind of earning potential, Scott is totally worth every penny of the inflated stay-at-home salary.

My husband Scott read this article today on how much a full-time stay-at-home mother should earn. It's $134,121, by the way.

This was his response:

Since men typically earn 30% more than women, I should be making $174,357 per
year.
Quickly followed up a second thought:

Oh, I did the online survey and since we live in SD it is about $13,000 higher.

3 Comments:

Blogger Left-handed Trees... said...

I saw this article also--very interesting to think about, isn't it? How sweet that he was thinking of you...

10:03 AM  
Blogger Joy Eliz said...

Ok...your hubby is a keeper! hee-hee;) but you already knew that;)

4:05 AM  
Blogger Susan Schwake said...

bravo! he is a keeper and you two are living the way it should be. by determination of what works best. i did that, but haven't met too many others who have married team players.
good for you. i really enjoyed browsing your sites! thanks for visiting mine.

4:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home