Thursday, June 22, 2006

The 'Burbs

Scott drove into the city with Jake to pick me up from the hotel late in the morning. We all had a nap when we got to Paoli. On the way home, Jake pointed out all of the big trucks ("big tuck!") we passed on the expressway. Scott encouraged Jake to demonstrate the new word he'd learned the day before: fuzzy. He had been picking fuzzies from the carpet and announcing "fuzzy!" at each one. When prompted for the new word, he spouted, "fuzzy tuck!"

After naptime, John and Rosie arrived from New Jersey. They brought Jake a cute little outfit. Rosie brought her latest quilt projects. I will post pictures when we get home.

Mom came home from work a little early and whipped up an entire turkey dinner, complete with home-made mashed potatoes, stuffing, fresh asparagus.

Dad is involved in a series of long meetings this week and we didn't think we'd see him much, but he surprised us and came home to join us for dinner before heading back for more meetings.

Marwa drove up from Delaware after work. I hadn't seen her since Jake was just a few weeks old. She brought him lots of new little toy trucks. He was thrilled, especially with the fire truck. It was fun to actually get to catch up a little. I hope we're able to come back over the holidays and spend more than a few hours together. We took some very cute pictures of her with Jake, and I'll post those when I get home too.

Jake was very excited to have so many people to play with. My mom taught him to say "have a nice day" (which comes out rather like "da da da da da da day" - the wrong number of syllables, but the right sing-song inflection) and he entertained both himself and us with opening and closing the door between the kitchen and dining room, coming back and forth, telling us to have a nice day each time he left, and simultaneously giggling like a madman.

3 Comments:

Blogger Debbie said...

I love hearing your stories about Jake. He is a cutie pie.

da da da da da day, to you!

Debbie

9:55 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey! I miss my friend . . .he needs to come home now . . .

10:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a memorable trip for all of you. I caught myself sing songing "da da da da da da day!" Hope you have one! :-)

9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home