Thursday, June 22, 2006

Philadelphia Adventures - Day 3

Wednesday, Scott came into the city. Over the lunch break, we met at the hotel, then walked over to Antique Row on Pine Street. Not quite as many shops as I had hoped and things were a bit more furniture focused and upscale than I like... but I found a few things. I especially enjoyed Paper on Pine. I found an adorable cupcake card and a sheet of cupcake wrapping paper from Snow & Graham Chicago, which I recognized right away as a letterpress design. Design*Sponge influence clearly present in my lust for quality paper products. Found some very cute hand-made-looking cards from Meri Meri that were hand-assembled in Mexico. I got a dog one and a cat one. You can't really see in the picture but the animals are in relief with foam adhesive. I found some adorable illustrated hand silkscreened cards from GreatArrow, including this very cute skunk on that says "birthdays stink." I think maybe jj needs a skunk with a big swirly tail. I also got a set of sassy Zodiac Notes cards by Robin Maguire. Oddly, between when I purchased them and when I was looking through them to post this entry, one seems to have gone missing.










We had lunch at Mixto. T'hen we looked in the shops along Pine, stopped in a couple of galleries (nothing memorable). After lunch, we explored the rest of the shops in the area, including an eclectic little place called Bendo (which I can't seem to locate a web site for just now) that was packed full of funky hats, old photos, mid-century design pieces, and lots of kitsch. I got a CD of French songs and a box of Lotta Jansdotter postcards.



In the evening, we took Jennifer with us to South Street. Dinner at South Street Souvlaki. Saganakiopa. Hummus. Feta. Gyros. Then walking around South Street, people watching and shopping. Way more shoe stores than I remembered. The first place we stopped had some really cool things, including some Irregular Choice shoes with retro cats on them, but none in my size of course. I did get a fun pair of red tartan plaid shoes with cat cartoons in red over printed. And also a pair of black shoes with a white bow stitched around the opening and then tied off center on the toe. Another place we stopped, I picked up an unusually stylish pair of Clarks sandals that are pink, orange, coral, and irridescent green.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You didn't get the Irregular Choice shoes with the bir-DAH on them? Oh they are sooooo cute!

btw . . .I will own those mary janes . . .

10:20 PM  
Blogger Mintykins said...

I love that cupcake paper! I bought some a couple of years ago and use it quite a bit in my cards. One even showed up in the last Take Ten. Heh.

11:10 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

You have good choice for cupcakes, but if you are looking for Rose Gold and White Balloon Garland Kit you can go with House of Party

7:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home