Friday, April 07, 2006

The Good, The Bad & The Ugly

The Good

I survived the week. Long, very rough week at work. But I survived, and so did everyone around me. There will be much celebration in the near future.

My Self-Addressed kit came in the mail this week. I've hardly had time to look at it. But it looks yummy like always and the unmounted Purple Onion stamps are very cool like always.

The Bad

That toothache that I've been having off & on since December, and that I've been trying to ignore... it became un-ignore-able this week. I have to have a root canal on Tuesday. I'm told that will mostly suck. Ouch.

I'm pretty sure my engagement ring & Cartier watch were stolen from my purse at work last week. Sniff, sniff. I know I took them off and put them in my purse because it was really hot in the room where we were working on a special project. And I know that at least once after I took them off, my purse was in the room without me. Still in denial about it though. I searched the house, the car, the driveway, my desk, the conference room where I was... nada. I keep thinking that I must have just put them in a place I don't usually put them. But my house isn't all that big and there aren't many places to misplace things. I wake up in the middle of the night with ideas on where I might have put them, and have been keeping the flashlight on my night stand just for such occasions. Unfortunately I've not had success with these late night searches. Or with daylight searches either. But I want them back!!!!

The Ugly

I needed some mental escape this week, so I unwound my nerves every night by immersing myself in a book that's been on my night stand for months: Confessions of an Ugly Step Sister.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home