Friday, April 28, 2006

Studio Friday: Playtime! (Doodling)

I spent last evening with my brother in Chicago. I showed him my sketchbook with some old drawings in it that he had done for me about five years ago (yeah, I know, I don't use my sketchbook enough). He was amused and promptly snatched my sketchbook away and entertained himself with it off and on for the next few hours. Here's one of the pages he doodled. I couldn't help doodling over the tree - it was a great form to start with.















So, I was pretty excited when I saw that this week's Studio Friday challenge was "doodling"... but then I read Michelle's entry & realized that I hadn't absorbed all of the instructions... the doodling was supposed to be done with the usual tools, BUT using your mouth instead of your hands. Oh dear!

I tried pencil first, but the paper in my sketchbook has a little too much tooth. I switched to ball point pen, but couldn't apply enough pressure with my mouth. But marker worked just fine (you know, aside from not being able to control the tool). Somehow, I just don't see this little guy making it into the rubber stamp collection.

8 Comments:

Blogger Lain said...

How fun! Collaborative doodling. It reminds me of the game we used to play where one person would doodle something and the other had to make something out of it...
oxox
Lain

7:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sooo cute!! I love the way you did the eye! The eye looks amazingly beautiful! And I love the little swirl at the end of the bumfeathers (LOL or however one calls it, hehe). Awesome!! This was such a fun excercise!
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and all your great comments!!!! :-))

8:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! A baby chicken with one little sprig of hair on his head. Sooo cute. :)

9:43 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

V. cute! Dig his single hair.
I had the same problems with finding a suitible writing instrument once the "mouth" thing popped up.

9:50 PM  
Blogger Lisa Marie said...

Aw, he's cute! :)

9:52 PM  
Blogger Joy Eliz said...

How cute!!! Love your journal...it's huge!!
And congrats on your published work!!! YEAY!!!!!

11:07 AM  
Blogger The Crafty-Girlâ„¢ said...

congrats on being published...love the collaborative doodling!

2:33 PM  
Blogger Judy Scott said...

what a cute chick, Judy x

1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home