Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Sam's Seafood

Jake napped, my parents rested, and Scott went out exploring for a couple of hours. Then we went to Sam's Seafood for dinner and had Lazy Man's Lobster (which is lobster that someone else has pulled from the shell). It was delicious!

Eating lobster with my parents nearly always prompts the lobster story. We all have those stories that we tell over and over about shared experiences. The lobster story is about me, when I was six years old, and had just learned to read. We were living in South Jersey at the time, and my family was out to lunch after church on a Sunday afternoon with my visiting well-to-do but penny-pinching Great Uncle Harold. He offered to buy lunch for all of us, and very proud of my new skills told me that if I read the menu myself, I could order whatever I wanted. So, not having yet learned to look at the prices, I ordered lobster. The most expensive thing on the menu. And although the adults had a good laugh and I didn't understand why, they didn't stop me. And I ate it. And liked it.














On the way back to the inn, we stopped at Paul's Bean & Bagel at Russell's Corner for coffee and some gourmet chocolates. Jakob got his very own piece of chocolate ("choc") about the size a 1/2 candy bar and was determined to eat all of it. "Yum! Yum! Mmmm. Yum!" The coffee was delicious and there was a nice selection of children's books that Jake really enjoyed flipping through while we all chatted.









Then Jake had a giant poo that was so stinky that Mom & Scott opted to walk back to the inn, rather than riding in the car with us. Eeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwww!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay...I think you win! Don't think I've ever seen the phrase "stinky poo" in a blog post before. :-)

10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home