Thursday, January 19, 2006

Cleaning and Organizing - Oh Yes

I've finally had it with my disaster space. Then I saw a thread on 2peas about a bunch of peas getting to the same frustrated, squished, tired-of-the-mess point, and someone started a challenge. And it's so helpful! I was having the hardest time figuring out where to start. So I took the idea to envision what I want it to look like... sketched it... then had a great conversation with Scott about how we could accomplish it.

Of course, Scott's main solution to anything is "throw it all away and start over" - the joys of living with a neat freak. He'll throw anything away.

Last night, I started going through my paper. I measured - I have FOUR FEET of 12x12 paper. How did that happen? So I went through about 18 inches of it... and managed to make a 1.5 inch pile of stuff to get rid of. I think I'll be going through this exercise a few more times, and then a few more times after that.

I'll try to take some "before" pictures of the room, and scan in my sketches to post later.

Stopped by Cool Scrapbook Stuff on the way home last night in search of the ever-illusive green Sweetwater paper. I'm going to have to break down and order the extra 12x12 pack from Self-Addressed for $12... but I really ONLY want that ONE piece. Sigh. Anyway, I didn't find the Basic Grey Skate Shoppe paper I was looking for, and I didn't find the KI Memories Alphabet Soup Letters... but I did find a Christine Adolph transparency, and decided that I'd try using it for a Self-Portrait-Tuesday challenge. I think I have it partially planned out in my mind. Hopefully I'll have some time this weekend to experiment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home