Monday, January 16, 2006

The Garden is Blooming (Finally)!

Though it is now the 16th (and not the 15th), I think I'll overlook that little detail this month because I am so stinkin' excited that I got scraplifted by a Garden Girl and it's posted right there in the garden, WITH my layout. Yippee. Yay me. Nevermind that her layout looks nothing like me except for journaling in a circle in the center of a flower. Nevermind that when my husband looked at my layout, he thought all the lines were a little busy and couldn't even see that it was a flower until I pointed it out. Here it is:













I struggled a lot with creativity this weekend. I wish it didn't take me so long to create. Even when ideas abound, each project is so time-consuming. It took me so long to do effer dare #18. Mostly thinking time. What to choose as my inanimate object. Find the inanimate object (aha! in a box on top of the entertainment center in the living room). Take a picture of a glass vase in the poor 1920s lighting (it's original!) in the living room in the middle of the night. With my crappy camera (ok, maybe it's me that's the problem, but I like to blame the camera). But I did it - with the portrait setting so the background would be out of focus. And I like the picture. A lot. And then I did a digital layout again because I didn't feel like digging through my stash and because I wanted to do a black background with the poem text and didn't have the patience to stamp the whole poem. AND I had to re-write the poem so that it would fit on a 1-page layout. It was much longer originally. Anyway, I did it. I'm happy with it. It's not efferlicious (I love this word), but it's me. And I think I'm improving in lots of little ways. I printed a bunch of the other dare layouts to scraplift, chose photos for them, but haven't been able to pull any of it together yet.

Yesterday was the Rosie's Roadshow class at Cat's. It was not as fabulous as I had hoped, but it was still fun and a nice change of pace for me. The person at the table behind me kept rolling her chair back and crashing into me and didn't seem to be aware even though I gasped every time because I was trying to color and my pencil would fly across the paper. Irritating. The rest of the class was fun. I got to sit with a couple of girls that usually take my classes, as well as Cat's sister. And after the class, when everyone else had left, Cat spoiled just a couple of us by letting us dig into a box of inventory that hadn't been put out on the shelves yet. Rosie (whose real name is Linda) was very sweet and encouraging. And strangely, she's also terrified of flying and a hypochondriac. I love eccentricities. Linda Berge was along with her, and was such a pleasure. She was so encouraging about submitting work for publication and had so many great ideas. I hope they come back for another class when the next supplement is released. That reminds me - I need to look on the web site and see if there's anything new up there... www.rosiesroadshow.com ... looks like there's an update in the works because some of the links are broken, but the new catalog is not up yet.

I'll have to scan & post my cards from the class and my little experimental stamping as well.

Last night, while stalking the Garden & waiting for it to bloom, I stumbled across a new blog. Love this woman's writing style and her scrapping, too. Very cool. I even sent her email. Very rare for me. So much of my life takes place only in my head. It's nice to connect with some other people sometimes. She's just been diagnosed with diabetes. It's such a strong reminder of why Amylin is here and how significantly this organization can change lives. I think I might sent the blog to our CEO. I'm going to think about it anyway. Here's a link to the blog:

http://www.fomamostly.blogspot.com/

and the gallery:

http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/userprofile.asp?user_id=146929

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home