Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Happy Birthday, Dad!

Saturday was my Dad's 60th birthday. It was a pretty low-key, uneventful birthday as far as birthdays go.


















Dad made pancakes for breakfast again. He seems to enjoy the ritual of being responsible for breakfast at the cabin, though he doesn't usually cook any other time.

Mom, Dad, and I went to the Antique Barn to scout for anything new. I got two tins of old buttons, as well as some vintage linens to experiment with.

Back at the cabin, Mom and I watched Jake and worked on sewing projects, while Dad and Scott went to track down the Wayne County artists' annual open studio tour.

It took us a while to figure out how exactly we should combine rubber stamps and fabric, but we eventually figured it out, and were able to come up with two 9-patch pillows. I also worked on several other projects that I'll have to finish up myself - because we ran out of time.

Mom made 2 chocolate birthday cakes. One black forest cake for Dad. One cake with white icing for Scott & Jake. Both were thoroughly enjoyed.














We gave Dad a journal I bought in Mystic, so he'd have something to unwrap. He wants to document the wild flowers, the changing landscape, and what they do during their time at the cabin. I've never known him to keep a journal, but he enjoys both reading and writing, so as he finds himself with more and more free time, it does make sense.

The real gift was a new digital camera. We got him one 2 years ago, but there were both features and limitations of it that he didn't like. So, we all piled in the car and headed to Walmart to look for a new one.

We found one he wanted, but they were out of them. Mom and I had some success finding a bit more fabric to go with a project we'd started. I also found a really cute pink poodle applique and a couple of packs of decorative buttons.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home