Friday, February 17, 2006

My Fabulous Husband & Poppet Update

So, Scott went to Ordover Gallery last night to schmooze with the photography artist crowd. And everyone he talked to about his new show is amazed. Apparently, quite a few people, including his photography group, approached Blue Mug about having a show and were turned down.

We had a great conversation (that I was only half awake for) about feeling different than the others, even among seemingly like-minded groups. And we talked about what we could do about it. I've been saying all along that we need to surround ourselves with people whose creativity inspires us. Last night, we talked about some more concrete ways we could do that. I think maybe we need to form a creative arts group and see if we can meet at Distinction or at the Municipal Gallery. I'm really interested in getting to know the curator, Victoria Huckins, at the Municipal Gallery... I love her art. And there's a poet/photographer in Scott's photography group that I really like. And I hope Melissa from Distinction would have the bandwidth and interest to participate. And Paul Sewell from Scott's photography group. I think we could start with a dinner together or something not so structured, and we could start with just that handful and grow from there. Jean-Ellen is moving away soon, but I think it would be nice to have her while she's still here. Gotta work on organizing this, and on talking to Melissa about it.

Stopped by Cat's Craft Cupboard last night and finally voted on the February challenge. And I did NOT vote for myself. We talked about make-n-takes for anniversary day - Cat wants to do a card and maybe something else, like a post-it note cover or a little stand up card/gift-bag-thing. And she helped me figure out what stamps to use for my March class - luckily all ones that I already have. Also, I got 2 new stamps. A paisley one from JudiKins and a Happy Birthday one from Rubber Soul. Doesn't look like there's a Rubber Soul catalog online, so I can't show you that one. Here's the paisley one:
















Woohoo! Cat emailed this morning and she's hot on the trail of poppet goodness. I of course want all of it, but I don't think I can afford the whole collection just to start out with. So we're talking through the possibilities. I'm so stinkin' excited about the whole collection, though. Definitely went right to the very top of the list of things I must have.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That floral paisley is SUPER cool. Thanks for the dh show update.

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home